Camp Play-A-Lot is a life skills / leadership camp for students entering PreK – 6th grade. Groups are divided for age appropriate activities for PreK-1st graders, 2nd-3rd graders, and 4th-6th graders and some lessons take place across ages or as a large group. Each week follows a different theme related to a life skill (respect, diversity, leadership, perseverance, responsibility) and we work within a curriculum that includes a variety of activities to foster enjoyment and growth.
Here is a sampling of activities offered at PAL:
- Offsite swimming twice a week
- Fieldtrips to places like Skokie Sports Park, Lincoln Park Zoo, and the Chicago Sky WNBA basketball games
- Daily sports like dodgeball, dance, capture the flag, basketball, soccer, kickball
- Arts and craft activities like building a city out of recycled goods, making friendship frames, or our infamous CAP project
- Drumming, drama, and teambuilding activities that build trust, responsibility, and leadership
- Fitness Fridays with a certified youth personal trainer!
- Guest coaches that teach magic, parkour, music, and much more!